ReStore Reopens June 2
New safety procedures for shopping, donating items
We can’t wait to serve you! The Sioux Falls Habitat ReStore will reopen on Tuesday, June 2, with the following hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday. There will be a limit of two people per household/vehicle and new safety procedures will be implemented.
Please get your donations ready for us. On June 2, we will begin to accept your new and gently used donations with these changes:
- We can only help one person at a time. Thank you for your patience!
- All donors will need to unload the donation themselves.
- We cannot accept upholstered items at this time. See items we accept and sell.
- For donation pickups, all donated items need to be brought outside by the homeowner. Habitat cannot enter your home to retrieve donated items.
Call 605-330-1950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for free pickup of larger items. See what items we accept and sell.
While closed, we have been diligently cleaning and organizing our store for a better shopping experience, including:
- Disinfecting all donations before bringing them to the sales floor.
- Disinfecting surfaces hourly, including shopping carts/baskets, bathrooms, door handles, and the service counter.
- Creating sneeze guard for register area.
- Adding 6’ distancing suggestions on the sales floor.
- Stocking register station with items to disinfect cash register area after each transaction.
- Ensuring face coverings are worn by all employees and volunteers. Gloves will be worn by cashiers at all times.
In addition, we are asking customers to:
- Leave your items in your cart when you checkout.
- Insert your credit or debit card into the machine yourself.
- Please limit your visit to two people per household.
- Follow posted safety recommendations in the sales floor.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick.
In addition, please make an appointment to visit the Habitat administrative offices at this time.
The COVID-19 crisis has shown us that the need for safe and affordable housing is even more critical than before. Habitat for Humanity is needed now more than ever. And now more than ever, Habitat ReStores need your donations and purchases to ensure we can serve our community and those among us who need a hand up.
For additional updates, please regularly check Facebook. Questions or concerns? Email email@example.com.