Volunteer Guidance in Response to COVID-19
Update: Following the latest recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and federal, state, and local government, Habitat will remain closed until further notice. Our team will continue to monitor the evolving situation to help ensure the safety of our volunteers, our customers and our team members.
Habitat for Humanity International is taking several new steps in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. These steps are driven by our continued priority to protect the safety of our staff, volunteers and people we serve.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sioux Falls has no active volunteer events scheduled through at least Monday, March 30. We ask that everyone continue to follow guidelines from the World Health Organization:
- Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention. Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider.
- Wash your hands frequently. Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based (60 percent) hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Avoid hugs and handshakes. Use alternate ways of greeting people and maintain at least 3 feet distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth and can make you sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early.
- Stay informed on the latest developments about COVID-19. Follow advice given by your healthcare provider, your national and local public health authority or your employer on how to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
The unpredictable nature of this outbreak requires that we constantly monitor and update our guidance to respond to the rapidly developing situation. If you are signed up to volunteer, please watch for emails from our team.
If you have any questions or would like to reschedule, please contact Brittany Bandstra at 605-274-6292.