When can I apply?
The application cycle is open once a year, for a limited time. The next opportunity to apply for the homeownership program opens on June 1, 2022, and closes at 5:30 p.m. on June 30, 2022.
Completion of an eligibility questionnaire is required to determine if you are eligible to receive an application. There is no application fee.
I want to apply. How do I get started?
If you are interested in applying for the program, please review and follow these steps:
- Complete an eligibility questionnaire.
- Click the link below to submit an online questionnaire, OR
- Questionnaires are available at the Habitat ReStore (see the display at the front entrance) or may be obtained by contacting the Habitat office.
- After you complete the questionnaire, you will be informed by email if you are eligible to apply for the Homeownership Program. If you are eligible, you will be notified of the next steps. If you are not eligible, you will be notified of the reason.
- Register to attend a public information meeting. (The content of all public information meetings will be the same):
- Learn how the program works and how applicants are selected.
- Find out if you are eligible to apply for the June 2022 application.
- Find out where and what types of homes Habitat is planning to build in 2023.
- Learn more about the application form, application process, and construction timeline.
Public Information Meetings and Events
Open House – Tour a New Construction Habitat Home – Saturday, April 30 from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Virtual Public Information Meeting for Homeownership Program – Saturday, April 30 at 11:00 a.m.
Public Information Meeting for Homeownership Program – Tuesday, May 17 at noon and 6 p.m.
Location: Sioux Falls Downtown Library Meeting Rooms, 200 N. Dakota Ave.
Homeownership Program Specifics
Please review the links below before completing an eligibility questionnaire.
What if I am not eligible this year?
If you do not meet our eligibility or selection criteria, or if Habitat is not the right fit for you, we encourage you to review a list of other housing programs and services that are available within the community.
Lisa Ross, Homeowner Services Coordinator
721 East Amidon Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:30
ReStore Hours: Tuesday-Saturday, 10-6 (secure drop box is available during these hours)
*An appointment is required for any in-person meetings with Habitat staff.
Habitat does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, handicap, religion, family status, national origin, source of income, or exercise of rights under the Consumer Credit Protection Act.