What Neighborhood Revitalization Projects Encompass
Our Neighborhood Revitalization program seeks to impact neighborhoods and communities in the areas of family stability, economic security, health and safety.
Neighborhood Revitalization projects Habitat Sioux Falls normally becomes involved with include:
- Exterior preparation, priming and painting of homes and outbuildings under 20 feet in height
- Minor repair of building trim, soffits and fascia
- Window- and door-screen replacement
- Weatherization in the form of storm-door replacement and caulking (windows, doors and siding gaps)
- Minor landscaping and yard cleanup
- Exterior deck-surface replacement
- Privacy-fence installation (certain restrictions apply)
Additionally, to help those that may be dealing with safety and mobility issues, Neighborhood Revitalization can undertake the following interior home modifications:
- Place non-skid strips in a bathtub or shower.
- Place anti-slip tape on stair treads.
- Install peepholes in entry doors.
- Add grab bars in the bathroom.
- Add handrails for stairs.
These are activities that volunteers usually have experience with or can be easily trained to do.
Because a certain level of expertise or licensing is required for more extensive repairs, our program does not do:
- Roofing or gutter work
- Full replacement of windows or doors
- Siding replacement
- Heating, ventilation or air-conditioning work
- Insulation replacement
- Any major interior work, including drywall
- Regular or recurring lawn mowing or snow removal
If you are in need of major repairs like these, we have a list of housing resources that may be able to help.